Monday, November 19, 2012

Saturday, November 17, 2012
 8:45 AM we departed on the high tide, white caps behind us, wind and tide with us down the Nussau River.
Past by Jacksonville, FL  Fueled at Pal;m Coast Marina. They really have a gull problem!
Tolomato River winds NE, heavy current which got even more  nasty coming by the inlet North of the Bridge of Loins in St Augustine.
We got our slip assignment at the Marina just past the bridge.   The dock master told us there would be hands at the slip. Nada, we looked good until the wind and current pushed us in tot he dock box and then crosswise in the slip. I had slide off the bow under the bow rail onto the dock.  Now the dock hands show up....  We finally got tied up, the docks were pitching and I was not sure I could stand I was so shaken.  Thankfully we are not on a mooring.   I heard the wind was blowing 35 to 40 K all day and night.
I calmed down, had lunch and we waked to the square.  I bought a shell pendant to match earrings Joyce had given me.  We wondered St. George's Street to be out of the wind.
Back aboard we read and waited for the big event here:  The lighting of the Christmas lights in the square with good Christmas music.  Huge crowd despite the nasty weather.  Apparently last yer it rained.
Dinner was on board and we ROCKED the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment